Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dear Me!

Oh my goodness, do I feel my age today! I think I'm pretty with it for my age, but I realize I'm just an old foggie when it comes to navigating my way around the internet.

About 2 months ago, Terra and I sat on my bed and she got me signed on with Facebook. From that point on it seemed like I heard from everyone I knew wanting me to be their Facebook pal. Truth be known, I have no idea as to how to sign into my own Facebook page and it seemed to me that Terra and I even stopped in mid stream of putting it together because I thought was just dumb. So,I probably have friends out there that think I'm offish when it's just that I don't know how to do all this new age stuff.

Trust me, I know that answering machines are not new age, but I have decided not to use ours. If I'm not home, I'm not home, call me back! (doesn't that sound like something Maxine would say?!) I hate being responsible for a message someone leaves and me failing to take time to see who called. Sometimes it's just OK by me to not be constantly connected. I don't do well either with people who's cell phones are stuck to their ears or when they take calls during meals or even when they are in conversations with other people. It's OK to not be available. Silence is golden!

Ok... If I'm so opposed to being 'connected', then you may ask why do I have a blog? Blame it on my daughter and daughter-in-law, Kristen and Monica. I have really enjoyed reading theirs and I realize that it's a great way to journal. If I'm going to be on the computer, I may as well use my time writing about things 'As I See It."

I called Kristen today to ask her what her blog address is and before we hung up she had set this up for me. Funny thing is, during the process we found out that in July of 2006 I had started one! Well, you know, minds fade and I forgot I had started writing one. I think I was posting things for 72 Hour Kits so I could share with online friends. Anyway, never shared it and forgot about it until this afternoon.

Dear Me...it's tough being 67 Teen!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my word, my mom is a blogger! Who would have thought! You've got it down pat--good job! Now you need to let all your online friends know where you are...and if you need help adding little doo-hickeys to your site, let me know!